Monday Morning Brunch.
Recipe adapted from Joy the Baker
1/6 cup sugar
1 teaspoon grated orange zest
3 large eggs
2/3 cup milk
2/3 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon grated nutmeg
1/8 teaspoon salt
1/2 stick unsalted butter, cut into pieces
• Put skillet on middle rack of oven and preheat oven to 450°F.
• Stir together sugar and zest in a small bowl. (You could also use Lemon zest if preferable).
• Beat eggs with an electric mixer at high speed until pale and frothy, then beat in milk, flour, vanilla, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt and continue to beat until smooth, about 1 minute more (batter will be thin).
• Add butter to hot skillet and melt in oven, swirling to coat. Add batter and immediately return skillet to oven. Bake until puffed and golden-brown, 18 to 20 minutes.
• Serve immediately, topped with orange sugar.