Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Chocolate Mocha Cupcakes



Well,
I guess
today
officially
starts my
catch-up
on what
I have been
up to
this past
week.

Even though
my blog
was down
for a
few days...

I was still
able to find
(and cook)
some
amazing
things!




Like these
delicious...

Chocolate Mocha Cupcakes

The recipe
is from
my all-time
favorite
cupcake blogger...



Chocolate Mocha Cupcakes

1 cup coconut milk
1 tbsp instant espresso (or coffee) powder - you can use Starbucks Via!
1/3 cup canola oil
1 tsp vanilla extract
3/4 cup sugar
1 cup flour
1/3 cup cocoa powder
3/4 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
Frosting:
1/4 cup cocoa powder
2 cups powder sugar
1/2 cup butter
1/8 tsp salt
3 tablespoons coffee (not the powder, the real stuff)
1/2 tsp vanilla


Directions:
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.

2. On your stove top (or in a microwave) heat the coconut milk (so it is hot but not boiling) then add the instant espresso powder. Whisk in the sugar, canola oil, and vanilla.

3. In a separate bowl, mix the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and powder, and salt. Add the wet ingredients and beat until no lumps remain.

4. Pour into liners (they will rise, so make sure not to fill the liners too full. About 1/4 cup will do).
5. Bake for approximately 20 minutes.

For the frosting, cream the butter, sugar, and cocoa together slowly. Add the coffee and the vanilla and beat until light and fluffy.



 

I also made
mini mocha 
cupcakes.

I hope
everyone
who was
able to
have one
enjoyed 
it!

No comments: