I woke up
Tuscan Eggs on Toast
Adapted from Martha Stewart
5 large eggs
1/4 cup olive oil
2 garlic cloves, minced
1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
1/2 dried oregano
1 (24oz) can whole tomatoes
1/2 tsp salt
fresh ground pepper (to taste)
6 slices toasted bread
1. Separate the eggs. Make sure not to break the yolks!
2. In a skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add the garlic, red pepper flakes, oregano, salt and pepper. Cook for 2 minutes without browning the garlic.
3. Raise heat to medium-high, then add the tomatoes (with its juice). Break up the tomatoes and cook for about 5 minutes, or until the sauce has thickened and become less watery.
4. Lower the heat to medium-low and stir in the egg whites. Cook until the whites have been all cooked and are not clear.
5. Turn to low heat, make 5 small wells in the egg mixture. Then drop each egg yolk into the wells. Cover the skillet and cook until the yolks are at your desired texture.
6. Serve over toasted, buttered bread.
Posted 1 Year Ago: "Not a ring person"