I know berry season
is kinda over...
but I still have
tons and tons
of summer recipes
to be made!
I made this one
Blackberry Tart with Mascarpone Filling
Adapted from: Annie Eats
For the Crust:
1 egg yolk
2 tbsp cold water
1 tsp vanilla
1 1/4 cups flour
1/3 cup sugar
1/4 tsp salt
8 tbsp butter, cut into chunks
For the filling:
2/3 cup mascarpone cheese
1/2 cup sour cream
1/3 cup honey
1/2 tsp vanilla
pinch of nutmeg
zest of 1/4 lemon
For the topping:
1. To make the crust, in a small bowl mix the egg, cold water, and vanilla. Set aside.
2. Combine flour, sugar, and salt into mixer. Add butter and mix on med-low speed, just until it resembles a coarse meal.
3. Add the egg mixture and mix on low speed just until the dough comes together. Wrap in plastic and chill in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
4. Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 425 and grease your tart pan.
5. When the dough has chilled for 30 minutes, roll out onto a floured surface. Then CAREFULLY transfer to your tart pan.
6. Cover the dough with parchment paper then fill with pie weights (or, like I did, dry pinto beans) then bake at 425 for 5 minutes.
7. After 5 minutes, reduce the temp to 350, remove the pie weights and parchment paper, and bake for another 15 minutes.
8. Cool completely on a cooling rack before filling.
9. When the tart shell is cooling, make your filling by mixing all the filling ingredients together.
10. Once shell is cooled, fill with mascarpone filling and top with fresh blackberries.
Posted 1 Year Ago: "Little Green Shop"
2 Years Ago: "KG & AB"
3 Years Ago: "Breakfast at dawn"