Beef Short Ribs in a Tomato Sauce
Adapted from: The Pioneer Woman
8 whole Beef Short Ribs1
2 tbsp Olive Oil
Salt And Pepper, to taste
1 tbsp Sugar
8 cloves Garlic, Crushed
1 whole Onion, Diced
1 cup Red Wine
1 can (28 Ounce) Whole Tomatoes
1 can (14 Ounce) Tomato Sauce
1 tsp Salt
1/4 tsp Red Pepper Flakes
1/4 tsp Thyme
1 pound Spaghetti
Grated Parmesan Cheese
1. Preheat oven to 275 degrees.
2. Heat olive oil in a heavy pot over medium-high to high heat. Sprinkle short ribs with salt and pepper. Brown short ribs in oil, about 1 1/2 or 2 minutes per side. Remove to a plate.
3. Pour off excess oil. Throw garlic and onions into pot. Stir to cook for a minute or two, then add tomatoes, tomato sauce, wine, salt, red pepper flakes, and thyme. Stir to combine.
4. Set short ribs back into the pot, submerging as much as possible in the sauce. Cover pot and place into the oven.
5. Cook for 3 1/2 to 4 hours. Short ribs should be tender and falling off the bone.