I was finally able
to cook again last night!
It feels like forever since I've been able to
experiment in the kitchen.
Here's what I made...
and it was delicious!
Pork Lo Mein
3/4 lb. Lo Mein noodles, or Chinese egg noodles
5 garlic cloves, minced
1 tbsp fresh ginger, minced
1/2 tsp red pepper flakes (or less if you want it less spicy)
salt & pepper
1/2 onion, sliced
1 carrot, thinly sliced
1 bell pepper, thinly sliced
1 cup snow peas, thinly sliced
2 boneless pork chops, thinly sliced
4 tbsp soy sauce
1 tbsp toasted sesame oil
1. Cook noodles according to the package direction, drain, then set aside.
2. In a large skillet, heat vegetable oil over med-high heat, add the garlic, ginger, and red pepper flakes. Cook for 2 minutes.
3. Add the pork and season with salt and pepper. Cook for a few minutes, then add the onion, carrot, and bell pepper. Cook until pork is done and veggies are cooked.
4. Add the snow peas and cook until tender yet still crisp.
5. Add cooked noodles and soy sauce. Toss together until noodles are coated with soy and everything is mixed well.
6. Remove from heat and drizzle with toasted sesame oil.
7. Serve and enjoy!