Are you planning a
St. Patrick's Day Party
I know I am!
Here's a dish
to put on your menu.
2 carrot, chopped
1 pound ground beef
1 cup beef broth
1 tbsp tomato paste
1 bay leaf
1 tbsp parsley
1 cup frozen peas
2 pounds russet potatoes, cut into chunks
6 tbsp unsalted butter
1/4 cup heavy cream
1 tsp Alpine Touch Seasoning (if you can find it, if not, its okay to subtract it)
Salt and Pepper to taste
1. Preheat oven to 375°F.
2. In a dutch oven, over medium-high heat, heat some olive oil. Then add the onion, carrot, and meat. Cook until browned, 8 to 10 minutes.
3. Add the beef broth, tomato paste, and herbs. Simmer about 10 minutes, then add the peas.
4. Cover then set aside while you make the potatoes.
5. Bring the potatoes to a boil in a large pot with water. Cook until tender, about 20 minutes then drain.
6. With an electric mixer, beat the potatoes with the butter, cream, and seasonings.
7. Spread the mashed potatoes over the meat mixture.
8. Bake until golden, 30 to 35 minutes.