Monday, October 21, 2013

Lessons on Being Sick.


I learned something this week...
it's 100x's worse to be sick with a baby.
Because, no matter how you feel, there are no more:
 "I'm just going to lay in bed and sleep all day" days.

Micah left for Washington last Tuesday morning.
And last Tuesday morning I woke up with the flu.
So my whole day was not only spent taking care of Tessa,
but also taking extreme precautions in not letting Tessa get sick
and trying to get as much rest as I could so that the flu would not last a long time.
Luckily, Tessa decided that it was going to be a day where she took a 3 hour nap mid-afternoon...
something this mama desperately needed too!
So I got some good rest as my body worked to kill the virus.
I loaded my system up with Elderberry Syrup, Thieves Oil, and a homeopathic flu remedy,
and by the next morning I was all better!
A bit weak in the stomach, but for the most part, all better.


Recovery had it's perfect timing too,
since Tessa's Nana decided to make a spur-of-the-moment trip
to keep us company while Micah was gone!

 And of course we threw in a trip to the local market for buy a few pumpkins!




No comments: