Saturday, October 3, 2009

Pumpkin Coconut Bread



Oh how I love
October.

One of the reasons
I love it so much
is because of all
the yummy
Pumpkin recipes
you can make!

I made this
for breakfast
today...




...so delicious.



Pumpkin Coconut Bread

Ingredients:
15oz can pumpkin puree
1/2 cup canola oil
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 1/4 cup sugar
1 1/2 cup flour
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
1/2 cup chopped pecans
1/2 cup shredded coconut

Topping:
1/4 cup shredded coconut
1/4 cup chopped pecans

Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease a 9x5 loaf pan.

In a large bowl, mix pumpkin puree, sugar, eggs, canola oil, and vanilla.

In another large bowl, mix flour, salt, baking soda and powder, and spices together. Then add to the pumpkin batter and mix well.

Fold in the 1/2 cup pecans and 1/2 cup coconut then pour into the loaf pan.

Bake for 20 minutes then add the topping. But make sure to gently push the topping down into the batter, or else the coconut might burn.

Bake for another 30 minutes, slice, and serve!

(source unknown...but I found the recipe somewhere on the web.)




Posted 1 Year Ago: "Breakfast at dawn"



2 comments:

Justin, Annie, Ella and Bennet Frase said...

Lisa & I used your red velvet cupcake recipe, and also the chocolate chip cookie dough cupcakes. We made them for our students. They were both a hit!!! Thanks for the great ideas

Mom said...

I can tell this will be amazing just by reading the recipe. It has all my favorite things. Yesterday I was making scrambeled eggs and couldn't get your crustless Quiche off my mind.