I hope you all had a wonderful 4th of July! My day was actually so relaxing, which I needed.
I can't tell you how long I sat in the backyard (like 4 hours!), soaking up some sun and reading.
Don't you just need days like that sometimes?
But it's back to work again today.
I actually have to make 3,000 chocolate chip cookies by Monday...
sometimes, I don't know what I get myself into, but I'm having fun making them.
I'm not gonna lie, by the end of the week, I might be down a couple dozen
cookie dough balls that
will get eaten by me somehow disappear.
Speaking of sweets, have I ever told you my no-fail Vanilla Bean Frosting recipe.
This frosting is literally to die for and can go on just about any cupcake base flavor.
If you have some vanilla beans lying around, this is a great recipe to use them in.
Vanilla Bean Frosting
1/2 cup butter, softened
3 cups powder sugar
2 tbsp heavy cream
1 vanilla bean, split in half (length) and the seeds scraped out.
pinch of salt
1. Mix the vanilla bean seeds and the heavy cream together and let sit for about 10 minutes.
2. In a mixer, beat the butter and sugar together till smooth and creamy.
3. Add the heavy cream/vanilla bean mixture then beat some more.
4. Add the salt and continue beating.
5. Once the frosting is fluffy and tastes perfect, frost on cooled cupcakes (or a cake).