Remember when I mentioned that I went cherry picking?...
Well, I made something delicious with those cherries!
I am on a huge ice cream kick right now.
So when I had pounds of cherries just sitting in my fridge, waiting to be devoured,
I new I had to create a yummy ice cream recipe with them.
And boy, is it delicious!
Sweet Cherry Ice Cream with Dark Chocolate Chunks....
I'm in heaven with each bowl.
Cherry Chocolate Chunk Ice Cream
1 1/2 cups whole milk
1 1/8 cup sugar
3 cups heavy cream
1 1/2 tbsp vanilla extract
1 pound cherries
1/4 cup dark chocolate, chopped into pieces
1. Blend milk, sugar, cream, vanilla, and 8 cherries (pitted) until a smooth mixture forms.
2. Pour into an electric ice cream maker and make according to the ice cream makers directions.
3. While ice cream is churning, pit and chop about a cup of cherries.
4. When ice cream is just about done, add the chocolate chunks and cherry chunks. Churn for a few more seconds, so that the chunks are well incorporated.
5. Transfer into a plastic bowl and cover. Freeze an additional 30 minutes.