This recipe is so simple and so good at the same time.
I love baguettes. I also love tomato, basil, and Parmesan cheese.
Put the two together and bake it in the oven... well, it's a perfect combination.
Here's the recipe I used...
you must go try it right now!
Italian Stuffed Baguette
1 baguette loaf
1 tomato sliced
a handful of fresh basil leaves
1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
1/4 cup butter, softened
1 garlic clove, crushed
1. Mix the butter, garlic, and a pinch of salt and pepper together.
2. Slice the baguette so that you have pocket to stuff and they can be easily pulled apart. Spread a little of the garlic butter into each slice.
3. Stuff the tomato and basil leaves into each slice as well.
4. Sprinkle the top with Parmesan cheese and a bit more kosher salt and pepper.
5. Bake at 350 for about 15 minutes or enough time for the flavors to infuse and the bread to crisp up.