Monday, March 4, 2013

21 Week Update


How Far Along:
  21 Weeks

Size of the Baby:
  Baby is the size of a Pomegranate!
About 10.5 inches and 12 ounces.

Maternity Clothes:
I found some old/new clothes at a clothing swap
that a few friends and I had on Saturday...
and the few items even fit over my growing belly!

Weight gain:
Hehehe...well, I'm starting to pack on the pounds now.
I'm up a total of 12lbs.

Sleep:
One thing that has changed since I became pregnant...
I have to sleep with the window open.
Pretty much throughout my whole life, I have been a literal ice cube while I sleep
(ask Micah, I'm not exaggerating),
but now I find that I get so overheated at night
that I have to sleep with the window open
and a cool breeze blowing on my face.
(remember...I live in Montana...and it's winter...
and the cool breeze is actually arctic air that's probably around 10 degrees).

Best Moment of the Week:
I had to have another quick ultrasound,
so I was able to hear our little girls heartbeat again!
 
Movement:
I was able to feel her kick from the outside!
But unfortunately whenever Micah tries to feel she stops kicking.

Food Cravings:
I was finally able to eat eggs for breakfast... scrambled eggs!
It's been months since I've even been able to tolerate the smell eggs
and now I can eat them every morning!

Gender:
Still a girl!

Belly Button in or out:
In, but I'm beginning to notice that its getting flatter.
And, on a side note...
I'm now realizing that getting that belly piercing in my early twenties
(why oh why did I do that) was not the best of ideas. 

 Wedding ring on or off:
On

Anything making you queasy or sick:
Nope

What I miss:
I still miss coffee.
I would even be happy with a good cup of decaf,
but I read that coffee blocks vitamin absorption, so I've even cut out decaf.

What I am looking forward to:
I am looking forward for winter to be over,
so that I can sit outside with my big pregnant belly and soak up the sun!

Nursery:
Nothing new from last week.
 
Bed Rest Update:
The results of my last ultrasound came back
and the "complication" that had me on bed rest was no longer visible! 
That is a huge answer to prayer!!
So I think I will change this catagory from "bed rest update"
to "ways I've been relaxing".

2 comments:

BeaumontGirl said...

Yea! You look great! pretty sure you're smaller than me and I'm 18 weeks!

http://thebees3.blogspot.com/

Ever Evolving said...

You're adorable! Love these weekly posts since we're not there to see you and that cute growing belly of yours :) It's always so fun to hear the details and the highlights/changes of the week. Can't wait to meet baby girl!!!!