Two kinds of food always remind me of my mother...
Coconuts and Raspberries.
So when I saw this recipe in this months Martha Stewart Magazine
I knew I would have to try it right away,
because I too, love coconuts and raspberries.
And not only was this super easy to make, and quite quick,
you can really taste the flavors of both the sweet coconut and the tart raspberries!
Enjoy this delicious treat!
Raspberry Coconut Macaroons
Adapted from Martha Stewart
2 cups dried sweetened coconut flakes
3 tbsp sugar
1 egg white
pinch of salt
1/2 cup fresh raspberries
6 oz semi sweet chocolate
2 tsp coconut oil
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Combine coconut, sugar, egg white, and salt in a food processor and pulse till just combined.
3. Add raspberries and mix until combined (don't over mix).
4. Scoop mounds of coconut mixture (about a tablespoon size) onto a lined baking sheet.
5. Bake until macaroons are lightly golden on top, about 25-30 minutes. Transfer to wire rack and cool.
6. To make the chocolate dip, place chocolate in a bowl (or double boiler) and set over a saucepan of simmering water.
7. Stir chocolate until it's fully melted, then add the coconut oil, stirring until combined. Remove from heat.
8. Dip the bottom of the cooled macaroons into the chocolate then let dry on wax paper.
9. Refrigerate for about 30 minutes until the chocolate is firm.