Or should I say...
Mini Browned Butter
I made these
for a potluck
Joy the Baker
Browned Butter Blueberry Muffins
7 tbsp butter
1/3 cup milk
1 egg yolk
1 tsp vanilla
1 1/2 cup flour
3/4 cup sugar
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
3/4 tsp salt
1 cup blueberries
For the Topping:
3 tbsp softened butter cut into chunks
1/2 cup flour
3 1/2 tbsp sugar
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Melt butter in a small saucepan over medium heat. Keep an eye on it. You need to melt the butter until it starts to turn brown and stop crackling. Remove from the heat.
3. Whisk the milk, egg, egg yolk, and vanilla together then slowly add the melted butter.
4. Whisk flour, sugar, butter and salt together then add the melted butter and milk mixture. Gently fold in the blueberries.
5. For the topping, combine all the topping ingredients together and rub together with your fingertips until crumbly. Sprinkle over the muffin batter (which has been placed in prepared muffin pans).
6. Bake for 10 minutes for mini muffins and 18-20 minutes for regular sized muffins.
Posted 1 Year Ago: "Fall Anthropologie"