Two of my
favorite things are...
So why not
put them together
for a Valentine Treat!
Vanilla Latte Cupcake
1 cup flour
1/4 cup ground almond meal
1 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup whole milk
1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
3/4 cup oil
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 cup butter (softened)
2 cups confectioners sugar
2 tbsp half & half creamer
1 vanilla bean
1/2 tbsp instant espresso powder (such as Starbucks Via)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. In a small bowl, combine the milk and the cider vinegar. Set aside for 5 minutes. This will allow the mix to curdle slightly (don't worry, that's completely normal...and believe me, you won't be able to taste it!)
3. In a large bowl, mix flour, almond meal, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
4. Mix the sugar, oil, and vanilla extract into the curdled milk.
5. Mix the wet and dry ingredients together then fill your cupcake liners 2/3 full.
6. Bake for 20 minutes, or until toothpick comes out clean. Transfer to a rack and cool completely before frosting.
7. For the frosting: On high speed, beat the butter, sugar, and creamer together until smooth.
8. Split the vanilla bean lengthways down the center and, with a knife, scrape out all the vanilla seeds. Add those seeds to the frosting mix.
9. Add the instant espresso and beat all together until creamy.
10. Frost your cupcakes and ENJOY!