I love Cadbury Cream Eggs.
You know... the delicious cream filled chocolate eggs
that stores begin to carry around Easter time.
I had a pack of mini cream eggs
just sitting on a shelf in my pantry,
begging me to eat them.
But instead of popping them in my mouth one by one
(which was tempting)...
I baked them into cupcakes.
And it was amazing.
So amazing, I had to share the recipe with you.
Cadbury Cream Egg Cupcakes
1 box vanilla cake mix (gasp! yes, I know...but I was in a hurry)
1 pack mini Cadbury Cream Eggs
2 sticks butter, softened
3 cups powder sugar
1 tsp vanilla
2 tbsp heavy cream
pinch of salt
orange food coloring
1. Mix the cake batter according to the package directions.
2. Fill 1/2 of the cupcake liners with the cake batter mix (I used mini cupcakes). Then plop one mini Cadbury Cream Egg in the center of the liner, squishing into the batter.
3. Bake at 350 degrees for about 10 minutes for mini cupcakes or 18-20 minutes for larger cupcakes.
4. Cool the cupcakes completely.
5. While cupcakes are cooling, make the frosting.
6. With an electric mixer, beat butter, powder sugar, vanilla, heavy cream, salt, and a drop of orange food coloring together until light and fluffy.
7. When the cupcakes are cooled, pipe the frosting on top.
8. Swoon over the heaven-like flavor in your mouth.