Spinach Tortellini Bake
1 lb cheese filled Tortellini
2 tbsp butter
2 clove garlic, minced
1 tbsp flour (you might need to add more to thicken your roux)
2 cups milk
Pinch of nutmeg
1/4 10oz box of frozen, chopped spinach (thawed and water squeezed out)
Freshly ground pepper
1 cup grated Parmesan Cheese
1/2 cup grated Mozzarella Cheese
1. Cook the Tortellini according to package directions. Then drain.
2. While Tortellini is cooking, place a saute pan over med-high heat and melt the butter. Add the garlic and cook for 1 minute.
3. Add the flour and mix until a roux forms. Then turn the heat down and slowly add the milk.
4. Add nutmeg, spinach, salt and pepper.
5. Once all mixed add the Tortellini and stir until coated.
6. Add everything to a casserole dish and top with the cheese (the more cheese the better!).
7. Broil until the cheese is melted and slightly starts to brown (about a minute).
Posted 1 Year Ago: "Herbs"