to be a
I have been
I made a
Cobb Club Sandwich
Adapted from Rachael Ray
4 slices bacon
4 slices white or wheat sandwich bread
Extra-virgin olive oil (EVOO), for drizzling
Two 8-ounce pieces skinless, boneless chicken breast, halved lengthwise
Salt and pepper
1 tablespoon butter
1 tablespoon hot pepper sauce
1 small avocado
1 tsp granulated garlic
Juice of 1/2 lemon
1/4 cup blue cheese crumbles
1/4 cup sour cream
2 leaves green-leaf lettuce
4 slices tomato
2 thin slices red onion
1. Preheat the oven to 375°. Bake the bacon on a broiler pan until crisp, about 15 minutes.
2. While the bacon is cooking, toast the bread.
3. In a large skillet, heat a drizzle of EVOO over medium-high heat. Add the chicken and cook, turning once, until golden, about 6 minutes; season with salt & pepper. Stir in the butter and hot sauce.
4. In a small bowl, mash the avocado with the garlic and lemon juice.
5. In another small bowl, mash the blue cheese with the crème fraîche.
6. Spread the avocado mash on 2 slices of toast and top each with a lettuce leaf, a chicken breast half, 2 tomato slices, an onion slice and 2 bacon strips.
7. Spread the blue cheese dressing on the remaining toasts and set on top. Slice and serve!