Why would you
when you could
Cranberry White Chocolate Scones
1 1/2 freshly grated lemon zest
2 1/2 cups flour
1/2 cup sugar
1 tbsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
6 tbsp cold butter, grated
3/4 cup dried cranberries
1/2 cup white chocolate chips
1 lg egg
1 lg egg yolk
1/2 cup heavy cream
1/2 cup half & half
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. In a large mixing bowl, mix flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, lemon zest and butter until it looks like coarse meal.
3. Add the cranberries and the white chocolate.
4. In a separate small bowl, beat the eggs and heavy cream together. Add to the flour mix and stir until just combined.
5. With floured hands, form small round mounds on prepared baking sheet.
6. Bake for 20 minutes or until golden on top.